Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is Your Nature The Same As Jesus’ Nature

When Jesus was walking on this earth proclaiming the kingdom is at hand, He also proclaimed that He and the Father were one. He could say this because the Father and Jesus were of one Spirit. He indicated that His Father in heaven and He had the same nature, so if you saw one of them, you saw both of them.

John 14:9-10 - Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?

In other scripture Jesus said He could only do His Father’s will because His Father’s nature and His own were the same. He could only do His Father’s will because Jesus could not go against His own nature since it was the same as His Father’s.

Now where does our nature fit into this? If we are a believer that has been born of God, we will have the same nature as Jesus.

John 14:12 - I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.

Rom 2:14-15 - Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts

2 Peter 1:4 - Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

When we are truly born again, we will have received Jesus’ Holy Spirit. When we are filled with His Spirit, we will be imparted with Jesus’ very nature. Since we are imparted with Jesus’ nature when born again, we can then say to others – “If you have seen me, you have seen Jesus”. We can say this because Jesus is in us and we are in Jesus.

John 15:4 - Remain in me, and I will remain in you.

Rev 3:20-22 - Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne.

In the following scripture, Peter stood up at the time of Pentecost and preached that what had just happened was what was prophesied – that God’s Spirit would be poured out to His people.

Acts 2:17 - In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

When we are born again all of our old nature is gone and we are imparted with Jesus’ nature. As long as we stay in Christ’s nature, we can only do Jesus’ will since we have the same nature as Jesus. We no longer have any desires to sin and since all desires to sin are gone from us, we don’t willfully sin. We can’t willfully sin because it now goes against our very nature which is the same as Jesus’ nature. The only way a born again believer can willfully sin is if that believer rejects Jesus’ nature, but how could anyone born again want to go back to the sinful nature after they have experienced the very loving nature of Jesus.

When we are born again and Jesus’ nature has become our own nature we will be “Christ like”.

2 Cor 3:18 - And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

We are truly brothers with Christ and a son of our heavenly Father because we are of one in Spirit.

If your soul cannot attest to the above words in this message, then I want to encourage you to truly come to the Lord and give your whole heart, soul, and mind to the Lord as a living sacrifice, only then can God impart His Son’s Holy Spirit (His nature) into you. This is the mystery of the gospel, all things become new and understood when Jesus Christ is in you.

2 Cor 3:14-16 - But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away. Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.

God Bless,
Michael Reid

No comments: