Thursday, April 2, 2009

No Going Back Now

While driving and trying the byways of life
Yearning to find the treasure of great price
While searching for the way – the way of life
At His great cost – His path have I now found
There is no going back now
For what I was lacking – the way of His life
I have been given a thing of greatest price
What once was just His – He has now shared with me
To this I am now bound – for His ways are now my ways
And I know His way is not a highway
So, I will finish this path to its glorious end
Where this ruff road turns to pure gold
Where then I can enter my rest

The truth – which truth does a person believe
For there are as many truths as people it seems
Our wants have been transformed to needs
And our wants is what we choose to believe
The truth I have found is only in one
He is one of the three and the one is the three
This truth was before opinions or needs
For it is this one truth I believe
And it fills every need and makes me free
There is no going back for me now
No other truth fulfills so much
And no other can free me to believe
The truth used to be only one
But now it is in me, because I believe

I once thought of life
That it was all about me
What I could love – for the enjoyment of me
Who I could get from and who I could use
But as I found God
Or did He find me
He made me realize – self love is not love
I was only loving me
I could not know love until He came into my heart
He has given me life – because of this new heart
For now I see – real love is slicing my self up
And giving myself for free
To the ones like I was – before I was free
To love the unlovable – who I could not love before
There is no going back for me now
For without love – myself I could not face
For in Him I have love and His grace
And only in His love will I have such peace
For in Him I am something and know I am cherished
But without love I am nothing and know I will parish

So there is no turning back now
Though I suppose I have that choice
My choice is with the Master
The Way, Truth, and Life


By – Michael W Reid

No comments: